Is this workshop for you?
People come to our workshops with a range of experience and expectations. We offer a social learning environment where people can connect to a community that is excited to teach what they know, with a shared belief that everyone has something to learn. We don’t expect that you will learn all you need to learn in one day, but one day is usually enough to figure out whether you want to learn more. If you decide to join a workshop, you will be in a group of people with different levels of experience and motivations.
You want to start learning to code
- You’re programming-curious and want to gain a better understanding of software. You might work with a team of programmers and want to be more familiar with what they do, or you might have an idea for a thing you want to build.
- You’re investigating new career paths and becoming a software developer is one of them.
You want to level up
- You want to get back into a technical career after being away from tech for a while.
- You’re interested in professional development and want something to compliment your current skill set. You might want to use programming more effectively in your work.
- You want to learn a new language or framework, or level up your skills in one you’re already familiar with.
You want to connect
- You want a friendly, safe, judgement-free space to learn where you can gain enough background and confidence to continue developing your skills independently.
- You want a diverse volunteer team of experienced and enthusiastic developers who can help you learn and give you perspective through experience.
- You want to connect with the local software development community and gain access to a network of connected professionals who care deeply about software and learning.